Jobs & Internships
2013 New Orleans Film Festival Staff
Leading up to the New Orleans Film Festival every October, we seek seasonal staff to help with a variety of festival duties (box office, venue management, transportation, volunteer coordination, print traffic, etc.). This year’s festival will take place October 16-23. Check this site in August for more information on what festival positions we have available.
For more information, email us at <email@example.com>.
The New Orleans Film Society is looking for office interns to work part time in our office assisting the NOFS staff with a variety of duties and tasks. Intern positions are unpaid.
- Data Entry – building spreadsheets
- Fundraising – researching possible sponsorship opportunities
- Soliciting Members – placing membership forms around town
- Helping to update the website
- Working on monthly newsletter
- Year-round publicity of NOFS events and screenings
- Weekly commitment of at least 6-8 hours each week
- Office hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Interns will get to see how a film society and film festival operates.
- Interns will gain valuable insight as to how films are selected by the New Orleans Film Festival including the entry and jury process.
- Interns will be considered and have priority preference for a Festival Staff position for the annual New Orleans Film Festival.
- Professional background or study in Film, Media, or Communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. (Final Cut Pro a plus.)
- Experience working with Apple computers and Mac OS X.
If you are interested in applying to be an intern, please send a rÃ©sumÃ© and cover letter to jobs [at] neworleansfilmsociety.org, include “internship” in the subject line of your email. Please, no phone calls.